Thursday, August 16, 2007

Mei Heong Yuen Food Industries (Dessert)

Last visited: 3 December 2006

Passed by the stall again when I was at Chinatown and I really wanted to try again, remembering how good it tastes. Yet, it was closed by the time I finished my dinner. The last time I only tried their Mango Sago. Nevertheless, I will still leave some comments on it since I still remember how it tastes like. :)
Comments: Their Mango Sago is unique with the pieces of Pomelo meat inside, bringing out a little sour taste to neturalise with the sweetness of the mango fruit. Hence, you won't feel sick of the strong sweet smell of the mango. I also enjoy chewing the little bits and pieces of Pomelo meat in my mouth. Together with the QQ sago, the dessert overall feels good and chewy.
Location
味香园 Mei Heong Yuen Food Industries (Desserts)
67 Temple Street
Operation Hours: 10.30am - 8pm (Open daily; Saturdays till 10pm)

Ratings (Total of 5 points)
Taste: 3.5
Variety: 3.0
Cleaniness: 4.0
Quality: 3.5
Price: $$$ (S$3-S$5)
OVERALL: 3.5
Other remarks: The desserts here has slightly less variety compared to the other famous dessert stall at Liang Seah Street. Yet this place is less crowded and I like the clean and air-conditioned environment. It is perfect for resting after a long walk under the sun around Chinatown.

No comments: