Saturday, April 21, 2007

C-Jade Express


Last visited: 20 April 2007

Today I need to go town to settle some stuff for my trip, I will of course enjoy a little break from my exam stress. Every time I pass by this restaurant at Wisma Atria, I always want to have a chance to try out their food. And today is the day...Yeah!

Since it is under the famous Crystal Jade Food Holdings, I expect their Chinese food to be of a certain higher standard compared to many others. Maybe my expectation is a little too high or maybe this restaurant are mainly targeted at a broader customer base providing more affordable food, the food quality has dropped a little compared to its main chain of Crystal Jade Chinese Restaurants. I went there at about 3pm...just nice for their Hi-Tea sets which only offered from 2.30pm to 5pm.

Comments: The Hi-Tea set I ordered was Beef Brisket Noodle Soup with Ice Lemon Tea. It only cost S$4.50, pretty cheap for a meal located at the heart of Singapore, one of the most expensive places to dine here. The key to a good beef brisket noodle soup is that its beef brisket has to cook for quite a long time so that it won't be too hard to chew. If not, the meat will get easily stuck to your teeth. For C-Jade Express, the beef brisket here is soft and just nice to chew. The noodle is pretty okay as well. However, the soup somehow taste a bit bland. Well, maybe for those who are don't prefer food with strong taste or wish to feel 'healthy', this noddle will be a good choice as it is complimented with a balance portion of vegetables too. :)

I have also ordered my favourite Swiss Style Chicken Wing. THIS is my favourite so...YES it tastes FANTASTIC! :D It is pretty like the normal soya sauced chicken wings but it is not very wet so you won't get a mess out of it, especially for those ladies who have their make-ups on. The wing is completely cooked so you need not worry for any bloody parts you might get from the wings (this is something I don't like about, which is most commonly seen when you bbq wings with your friends). The chicken meat is soft and easy to bite. The strong soya sauce taste will leave in your mouth even after you swallow your meat...very satisfactory. :D

Location

C-Jade Express

435 Orchard Road

#B1-18 Wisma Atria

Singapore 238877

Tel: 6733 6326 Fax: 6733 0530

Ratings (Total of 5 points)

Taste: 3.5

Quality: 3.5

Variety: 4.0

Cleaniness: 4.0

Comfort: 4.0

Service: 3.5

Price: $$$ (approx. S$5 for Hi-Tea sets; S$8 for lunch sets; S$10-S$12 for dinner sets; S$3-S$12 for alar carte)

OVERALL: 3.5

Other remarks: The food is not as good as its main chain so don't expect too much from it. It is pretty like a normal foodcourt-standard kind of food or slightly better. But the price for its lunch or dinner sets and alar carte is not very cheap compared to foodcourt but just cheaper than at the restaurants. So I would recommend you to take their Hi-Tea sets as I find it as the best deal you can get at Orchard. The place is rather comfortable too and service is not too bad either. They also offer quite a wide range of the Hong Kong style food, hence you have quite a lot to choose from. :)

No comments: