Sunday, April 8, 2007

NYDC @ Suntec


Last visited: 8 April 2007

Went there to celebrate my friend's birthday. I used to frequent this shop when I was still a JC student. It offers great oven-baked dishes and its signature mudpies at affordable prices. The restaurant comes with a toy theme in which you can actually find soft toys around the shop. The menu is presented in a comical way as well. For me, I have ordered the Three Amigos baked rice and have tried a few bites of the mudpies my friends ordered, the Jedi Muster and the Grandma Goes Nuts. Hahaha...lol

Comments: The oven-baked rice comes in a pretty big portion for girls and hence if you have small appetites, you may probably want to share it with your friends. One thing I love about the oven-baked rice at NYDC is that it offers quite a thick layer of melted cheese. Hence, for a cheese lover like me, it looks very appealing and appetizing. The mudpies are still as great as before with its thick chocolate sauce and rich ice cream. The menu also offers a wide variety of the mudpies.

Location

Suntec Fountain Terrace

NYDC Cafe

Ratings (Total of 5 points)

Oven-baked Specialities

Taste: 4.0

Ingredients: 4.0

Variety: 3.5

Presentation: 3.5

Price: $$$ (S$9.95++)

Overall: 3.5

Mudpies

Richness: 3.5

Variety: 3.5

Price: $$$$ (S$9.95++ per slice)

Overall: 3.5

Other remarks: NYDC is a place suitable for big groups. Even though its mudpies are the main products of NYDC, for me the Muddy Mudpie offered by the Coffee Club is pretty much similar to that of NYDC, but serves in a bigger portion and for a cheaper price. Yet I love the wide range of mudpies that you can choose from NYDC. And one thing I notice from the shop is that it offers quite a number of liquer mudpies compared to many other cafes. So if you are a alcoholic person or loves to have liquer in your desserts, NYDC may just happen to offer the mudpie of your choice.

No comments: