Friday, April 13, 2007

Macau Express


Last visited: 10 March 2007

I have been to Macau for 2 days and 1 night during the Chinese New Year. The Macanese food there is really special and I LOVE them juz so so much (I shall have an entry later on to introduce to you all the food in Macau and what you all should look out for if you are going to visit there). So when I know that Singapore Expo has a restaurant or cafe called Macau Express, I am really excited about it. The food that they provide are truly the Macanese food that were offered back in Macau. Yet, I have to admit that probably because I have tasted the true Macanese food back in Macau, my expectation is somewhat a little higher. Seriously, it may not be as good them, but its quality of food isn't that bad after all too.

Comments: So far, I have tried their Seafood Baked Rice, Porkchop Bun (it is super popular in Macau), Milk Tea, and 马克休 (Fried Potato Fishcake, a popular Portugese side dish in Macau). All of them taste good to me so far, especially the Milk Tea which comes in a huge container (2nd photo above) and taste just nice. The prices are affordable too and the place is neat and comfy. I kinda like the map of Macau that they shown there on the walls. It makes me feel like I am back in Macau.

Yet, the Porkchop Bun is quite disappointing. Back in Macau, porkchop bun is a must-try there and you can see it selling almost everywhere. What makes the porkchop bun SO popular there is just the BUN itself, and NOT the porkchop. A good porkchop bun has a bun that is crispy on the outside, and totally soft and spongy on the inside. Trust me, even for someone like me who doesn't really like to eat bread (I have my reasons), you will not get sick of eating this bread. However, Macau Express seem to ignore this important factor to make a good porkchop bun. They focus more on the porkchop, adding some onions and other seasoning along. Yet the bun was soggy and hard to bite. I may have been a little picky on just the porkchop bun but you have to understand that it is the most popular food there. And this kinda tells me that if they don't understand the selling point of the most popular food back in Macau, I doubt they truly know the essence of the Macanese food. Sorry if I sound a little offensive and harsh here because I am just a little disappointed... :P

Location

Singapore Expo

#01-43

Hall 4 Atrium

Tel: 6822 7883

Operation Time: 11.ooam - 10.00pm

Ratings (for the food in overall)

Taste: 3.5

Ingredients: 3.5

Cleaniness: 4.0

Coziness: 3.5

Price: $$$ (S$5 - <10)

OVERALL: 3.5

Other remarks: There are not many Macanese food in Singapore and hence this also makes Macau Express here special. For the price and the range of the food they provide, I believe it is a good deal for us to give it a try.

No comments: