Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ricciotti Italian Deli & Pastry

Last visited: 23 March 2007

I came here to have my birthday celebration again with another friend...hahaha...or else I wouldn't want to spend much nowadays as I am saving money for my Europe trip. :P It was a very classy Italian restaurant with racks and shelves of Italian wine bottles on all sides of the wall, and of course except for the side with the ceiling-to-ground clear glass window where you can enjoy the nice river view of the Singapore River. Sounds pretty romantic ya? :P

Comments: I had ordered Pollo Panini, which is grilled chicken, zucchini and roasted tomatoes served with Ricciotti's signature bread (the wrapped sandwhich in the photo); while my friend ordered Gorgonzola Cheese & Spinach Scrambled Eggs, in which it is served on freshly baked and toasted Ciabatta bread.

Wow...I tell you the italian sandwiches are simply SUPE-FAR-BU-LOUS! I truly think that they import the bread from Italy just like a the day before it was served. When you take your bite, you can feel the crispy outmost layer of the bread cracked in your mouth, followed by a spongy and soft layer right below, before your toungue is even able to touch the saucy, tender meat in between the layers of the bread. It is just way too delicious! :D Usually, sandwiches to me is not filling at all. Yet this sandwich, somehow, satified my hunger very well, and not because I have any heavy lunch or snacks before that. I guess it is the bread they used that is very filling, which is different from most other bread we used to get from the bakeries in the neighbourhood. Oh manz...I can't wait to go Italy! :P

Location

Ricciotti Italian Deli & Pastry
20 Upper Circular Road
B1-49/50 The Riverwalk
Singapore 058416
Tel: (65) 6533 9060 Fax: (65) 6535 5915
http://www.garibaldi.com.sg/r.htm

Ratings (Total of 5 points)

Ingredients: 4.5 (they use really good quality of bread, vegetables, and even spices for your sandwiches...which I believe some of them are really imported from Italy)
Taste: 5.0
Quality: 4.5
Service: 4.0
Ambience: 4.0
Price: $$$$ (approx. S$10 just for sandwiches -- but this is what they are famous for; S$15-25 for pastas)
OVERALL: 4.0

Other remarks: The place is cozy but just actually a little cramp. Overall, it makes people feel very relax and classy to dine in the restaurant. It is perfect for couples, and for some catching up gatherings with your one or two friends over some nice sandwiches and coffee on a sunny afternoon...hahaha...*wink* :)

No comments: