Sunday, April 8, 2007

Changi Airport T2 Staff Canteen

Last visited: 7 April 2007

Went here with my cell group members after the Easter service from Expo. Thank God the canteen closes only at 9pm on the weekends and public holidays. For me, I ordered the Katsu curry (pork) bento set as shown in the picture above from the Japanese stall at the staff canteen. Hence, I can only comment on it in this entry.

Comments: Just the look at the bento set is pretty attractive and delicious. I like the japanese curry sauce, in which the stall owner set it aside for you to dip your food in. I didn't really drink the miso soup as I dislike miso soups in general. The pork cutlet is average and not really as crispy as it should have been too. Well, this I believe could be a reason that we came around 8pm in which the stall owner is probably preparing to close the stall. The salad tastes normal with the small amount of mayonaise given but still fresh. There is also a slice of the japanese appetizer (the yellow colour piece in the middle of the bento set). I never try it though as I don't like it. Overall, the bento set is pretty good with a good bargain at only S$5.90 (Airport staff price is S$4.90).

Location

Changi Airport Terminal 2

Staff Canteen at Level 3M

(you can take the lift from the carpark outside the departure hall level)

Ratings (Total of 5 points)

Presentation: 4.0

Taste: 3.5

Quality: 3.5

Variety: 3.5

Price: $$

Overall: 3.5

Other remarks: Most of the stalls at the Changi Airport Terminal 2 Staff Canteen sell great food at low prices. Even though it is located at the extreme east of the Singapore island, it has been a favourite makan place in Singapore. The place is usually packed with people during the meal times and especially on weekends. Hence, even though it appears to be big, there is not many seats during those peak periods. It is a place that is only more convenient to those public who stays in the east and owns a car.

No comments: