Monday, April 9, 2007

NTU Hall 4 Canteen


Last visited: 9 April 2007

Had lunch today with my hall buddies back here again. Frankly speaking, I love Hall 4 Canteen much more than my own hall canteen. The zhu cha dishes they offer is really great and with more varieties. The aunties are very friendly and they remember me most of the time and will chat with me while I wait for my lunch. I like their chef too for he seems to know how to cook everything. Like their famous dish Sambal Kang Kong, my friend asked the aunty to change the sambal sauce to oyster sauce, the pork to chicken, the rice to fried rice...and he has no problem cooking the best way of it! How amazing...hahaha...lol

Comments: Eating at NTU is always the best bargain you can ever get in Singapore. It is cheap and the food is nice too. I ate the Fish in Garlic Sauce (1st two photos above) this afternoon, one of my most favourite dish there. The fish is deep-fried till it is crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. The garlic sauce may be a little too oily but it smell super good and it taste good with the vegetables given. You can never get enough of it. Other dishes I strongly recommend here are the Salad Crispy Chicken, Seafood Tofu, Sheng Mian (4th photo above), French Herb Chicken, and Sambal Kang Kong.

Location

NTU Hall of Residence Four Canteen

Nanyang Avenue

Singapore 639798

Tel: 6791 4937

Ratings (Total of 5 points)

Variety: 4.5

Taste: 3.5

Service: 4.0 (value added service -- you can call in to order before going)

Waiting time: 2.0 (peak period -- 12-1pm; 6.30-7.30pm)

Price: $$

Overall: 3.5

Other remarks: The only negative comment on this stall is that you will have very long waiting time of up to 45 minutes during the peak periods, which are usually the lunch and dinner time. So if you are in a rush, it is not advisable for you to eat here. But good thing is that you can call them to order your food before going down to queue up. It is a value-added service that they provided, originally offer mainly for their usual customers. Yet sometimes the two aunties there can get so busy that they won't pick up your call. So well, the extra service is not that efficient after all. :P

No comments: