Sunday, April 8, 2007

Godiva Chocolixir

Last drank: 8 April 2007

I had seen this drink in many of my other friends' blogs and none of them gave a single negative comments about it. They simply praise the drink so much so that I wanna give it a try myself. And today, right after the fellowship with my church friends, I passed by the Godiva shop at City Link. With the urge and craving for chocolates (again!), I bought a cup of the Dark Chocolate Decander Chocolixir.

Comments: When I received the cup of ice blended chocolate drink from the staff, I thought "Well, it just looks like any other cup of chocolate drink to me!". So I started to think that maybe it is not worth to pay such a high price (S$8 per cup) for it when you can probably get it somewhere else. So I took my first sip. THAT sensation I get is beyond description. The chocolate tastes so rich that it seems like I am "eating" the normal Godiva chocolate! While the chocolate ice starts to melt in my mouth, I realise there are another particles inside the drink -- the tiny bits of Godiva dark chocolate!!! They are not big but enough for me to fill my mouth with the chocolate taste.

So the whole cup of chocolixir makes me feel like I was eating the chocolate and at the same time, drinking a mild taste ice blended milk chocolate all together! Since I ordered the dark chocolate (without the whipped cream), the staff actually put a layer of dark chocolate fudge on top of the ice. And this layer contributed largely to the aromatic smell of the chocolate drink. I guess the word "Chocolixir" simply means "chocolate elixir", which normally seem to be a medicine that make human feels like they are in heaven. Well, to me, this drink certainly has brought me to the chocolate paradise.

Location

CityLink (Opposite Flash & Splash)

Godiva Chocolate Shop

Ratings (Total of 5 points)

Dark Chocolate Decander Chocolixir (without whipped cream)

Richness: 4.5

Ingredients: 5.0

Quality: 5.0

Presentation: 4.0

Service: 4.0

Price: $$$$ (S$8.00 per cup)

Overall: 4.5

Other remarks: Just the brand "Godiva" already tells the quality of the chocolate inside the drink. To me, it is quite a luxury item to be indulge in because my allowance or income is not that much. Hence, for a price of S$8 for a cup of the chocolate drink, it is definitely worth drinking, but only depends whether you have a fat wallet with you there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to Godiva the other day and tried the Dark Chocolate Raspberry Chocolixir. It was only $4.50 where I bought it. I thought the taste was marvelous. I feel like I am in heaven everytime I drink it. They definately don't lie about the name. However I would like to know what it's made out of. I would like to try and make one myself. Maybe for a holiday! That would be nice to serve your guests with a Godiva Chocolixir for desert.

ak_nm said...

YES! Me too! I would also like to know how to make the same drink! I also had the Dark Chocolate Raspberry Chocolixir. I pay $5 for it, and I order it with whipped cream. It's just the best drink ever! But seriously, $5 is too much! I feel it's so inappropriate for a broke college student to buy it often. I would love to know of a recipe for it, because it's just too good! I've been trying to come up with it myself, but I can't get the right blend between the milk and the chocolate.

Anonymous said...

Why would you want to drink something that has 660 calories in it on a regular basis ? Plus, it contains 30 grams of fat. It should be considered a treat.. That you buy every few weeks.. Lol